Monday, August 3, 2015

Sweet Stuff and Some "Contraband"

Submitted by Linda
Off and on for many years (mostly on), I've been a part of a "Stampin' Up Stamp Club". Basically, this involves being a part of a group who gathers to stamp and purchase more supplies, while giving each member an opportunity to enjoy the hostess benefits. This is a great way to build up your selection of stamps, tools, papers, and so on, without spending a lot at one time. One of our club member's husband accuses us of being a 'cult', with all of our cutting and pasting and spending. I remind him that if this is our only vice, then we're doing pretty well. And don't get me started on all of the joy and sunshine a handstamped card brings to the recipient! Not to mention the fun I have creating it all! So there!

For the most part, I will stand by the Stampin' Up products - their color families are amazing, and really help coordinate the inks with the papers, which can be a challenge. There are a very few "contraband" (non SU) items that I will buy at Michael's on a coupon (tombow tape runner refills, for one), but other than that, I try to limit my paper crafting purchases to my monthly club.

However, I'm about to get to the disclaimer. I love love love the October Afternoon product lines, and I will reluctantly admit that SU doesn't seem to ever offer much with a vintage vibe.  I also get tempted now and again by the Lawn Fawn line of stamps. 

Recently, I needed 2 cards for 2 girls who were turning 2! So I pulled out the October Afternoon Cake Walk papers, and came up with these cuties. The stamp is from SU's Sweet Stuff set. I used the Decorative Label punch for the sentiment. I love these papers, contraband or not!

No comments: