Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Christmas in August: The Children Were Nestled....

Submitted by Linda
In January, my mom and I always go to the Road to California Quilt Show in Ontario, which is funny, because I am definitely not a quilter. But we always seem to find cute embroidery patterns, or fun buttons and trims. Last January, I bought a Crapapple Hill pattern for Christmas pillowcases. 

Whilst on the Clovis trip in March, I found the perfect red accompanying fabrics, so this summer, those pillowcases were on my to-do list. Now, I know many of you hate seeing the Christmas decorations out so early, but the truth is, if I'm going to do any holiday projects I must do them in the summer when I have time off.  

So here they are. And yes, I did pull out my Christmas Quilt for the photo!

I texted a pic to Michelle when they were done in all their rick-racked glory, and this was her reply: "If, God forbid, you die a sudden death, I have dibs on those pillowcases!"  I just can't wait to pull them out in December!

No comments: