Thursday, August 6, 2015

Birthday Card, and My Pinterest Rule of Thumb

Submitted by Linda
Because I often stamp with friends, I find that when a birthday comes along, I don't have a 'fresh' card that they haven't yet seen. Recently I needed a birthday card for a stamping pal and I pulled this fantastic idea off of my pinterest board. 
To see the original, made by "Julie", click HERE. Now, as for Pinterest, I will confess that I have quite a few things pinned. My 'rule of thumb' for pinning card ideas is that I choose pins for supplies and stamps that I mostly have on hand (or can borrow). There are a ton of cute ideas out there, and that's my way of limiting my number of pins on my paper crafting board. 

Stampin' Up is always retiring stamp sets (probably to keep the demand up for what's new?), but I have a few retired sets that I use all the time. A perfect example of an 'oldie but goodie' is "Circle of Friendship" from 2006, shown in the center of this card. That little circle fits in a circle punch perfectly, and the set has sentiments for all occasions. (It's pretty cheap on ebay, if you 'need' to get your own!)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: