Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween 2014: The Cat's Away......

 Submitted by Linda
Craig seems to do a lot of traveling in the fall, partially because it's football season and the APU cougars do a lot of traveling as well. Coincidence? I think not.  I don't love it when he's gone, but as they say, 'When the cat's away, the mice will play!' 

Well, my 'playing' is pretty mild. No 'girls gone wild' here. I usually just gather my FRFs (front row friends) for some paper crafting. In September we used the Fancy Favor die to create these cute halloween treat bags (I know that I keep using this die - but it's too cute not to). I delivered these today to my Kindergarten teammates and the office ladies.
Then Craig was gone recently, to South Dakota. He was there for a football game, but ended up also having a meeting with the four presidents at Mt. Rushmore. So I took off for Michelle's neck of the woods in LaQuinta. It was a beautiful day for a drive.
There we decided to make Halloween treats for our students. I had been wanting to make these candy corn treats using the Pennant Punch.
We used the skinny cello bags and filled them with tangerine and buttered popcorn Jelly Bellys. This involved my first ever outing to Winnco. If you haven't been to Winnco, you are in for a fun outing. It's kind of like a grocery store, Costco and Sprouts all wrapped into one big store. The bulk section is amazing. This pic shows only a tiny portion of just the bulk candies.
These are all wrapped and ready for my kindergarten friends.
As for my cloche, here's my October version. I found this sweet giant decorated tag at Barbara Cheatley's in the C-Mont village.

It's hard to believe that soon we turn the calendar page and November will be here.

1 comment:

Liz Leahy said...

Such cute ideas...I have that pennant punch & would not have thought "candy corn"!