Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Father's Day Card

Submitted by Linda
As Father's Day was approaching this year, I began searching pinterest for card ideas. Since I had recently scavenged some discarded scrabble tiles from the staff room at my school, I decided to start with this card as my inspiration. It was pinned by Leslie Gipson, but it's one of those frustrating pins that only takes you to a photo. So I hope she's the creator and is getting the credit where it is due.

You'll notice that I copied her use of the Friendly Phrases stamp set, and her basic format.
I decided to go with a more simple, streamlined look, so I used one of my October Afternoon graph-type papers, and added Stampin' Up's linen ribbon and linen thread. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. 

If you don't have scrabble tiles on hand, I've seen them at the Long Beach Antique show, sold by the piece, and I'm guessing you could find them on Etsy.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: