Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Happy Birthday, Tommy!

Submitted by Linda
It's hard to believe that my kids are adults. My nieces and nephews are getting married and having babies. I'm teaching students whose parents I taught (that one is the worst, and I feel like I'm 100 years old!) Time is marching on. 

I do love my life with Craig as a 'sort of' empty nester - Tommy lives here but works a ton. He also is a cooker, so he's fun to have around to cook with. He's also paid rent during college, and lived with people who trashed his stuff, so he's grateful to be back home and is easy to have around. This past June he turned 23.  In the spirit of nostalgia I'm sharing this picture of Tommy when he wasn't even two! Such a cutie-pie.
Here he is on his birthday with his brother and two good friends. We were happy to take them to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack to celebrate!
One of the boys snapped this one of Craig and I. In the old days I was always taking the pictures, and rarely in the pictures, so it's fun to have kids who will grab the camera and snap a few.
I'm not sure either of my boys care about 'handmade cards' but I think they may take offense if I gave them a store bought card for their birthdays. So this year, I needed more of a grown-up card.
I used the Chalk Talk and In the Stars (retired) sets, and used the current Stampin' Up 'in-colors' Pistachio, Brown Sugar, and Coastal Cabana. I didn't think this one up.....You can see the original on my pinterest board HERE.

No comments: