Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Rebel and a Stitching Update

Submitted by Linda 
My friend Gaby, who is recovering from a broken wrist and a broken leg, gently reminded me that I hadn't updated the blog in quite awhile. And while she is laid up, she can only watch so much TV, so I finally have something to post - Just for you, Gaby!

Of course my holidays were busy, just like everyone else's, but I also didn't feel like I had anything 'fresh' to post. I am quite a traditionalist, so I decorate with the same stuff every year, and ya'll have seen it all before.

I had a wonderful Christmas with my family, and two weeks off is always great.  On Christmas morning Craig surprised me with a new (bigger, better) camera!  It's a Canon Rebel, and it's been rebellious already, ha! I had a hard time getting my Mac to recognize the camera, so I've been eager to download the pictures to see how well the Rebel works.
One of my wishes was to take close up (macro) pictures of cards and other fun things for the blog. Here's a shot of my fairy garden and I love how you can see the bike and the tiny pebbles. Do you see the turtle in the foreground? I little blurry - I'll have to practice.
My mom has been a cross-stitch factory these days.  She made this snowman, which we promptly sewed into a tiny pillow.
Here's my macro shot. We can see every stitch!
And this snowman came on her 'thank you' card.  I feel another pillow coming on.
I've been doing my own share of stitching this season. Michelle had wished for a cross stitch to display during the holidays. I like stitching these Mill Hill kits, so I chose this chickadee design. I love how it looks Christmasy, but could also be up during January, too. And best of all, I was able to accomplish my second photography goal: to take a photo with a blurry background! Yahoo! I guess I'll now forgive the Rebel for being rebellious at the beginning of our life together.
All, that to say, Happy New Year. Here's to a happy and healthy 2014!

No comments: