Thursday, December 5, 2013

Magnetic Coaster Calendars

Submitted by Linda

Does anyone remember Steven Covey's quadrants in his "First Things First" book? His four quadrants make so much sense to me, and I love living my life in Quadrant 2, where I work on important things, but before they become urgent.  I'm not a happy camper when I get into the urgent side of things, so I love to get things nailed down, buttoned up and all set before the deadline. 
So you won't be surprised to see that I'm ready for 2014 with new 'coaster calendars' to give my teacher friends. This time I used my October afternoon "Cakewalk" and "Farm Girl" stuff, and boy are they cute. Well, at least I think they are.
I just learned from Susan Branch that when you wake up on the morning of a new month, you say "rabbit rabbit!" to wish for luck that month. I love that idea so I texted 'rabbit rabbit' to my mom, to Michelle, and to my boys (who were probably irritated by it rather than charmed). Anyway, I love the idea, and I'll be saying it each time I turn the page on my calendar.
I usually buy these little calendars at Stamp Your Heart Out in Claremont, but, alas, they've been out for awhile. I believe you may be able to find them online, if you need a cute little new year's treat!

No comments: