Friday, November 29, 2013

Print Poetry and In-Color Dahlias

Submitted by Linda
I have often said that there is a fine line between hoarding paper crafting supplies and having on hand what you need when you need it. Recently I felt like I had crossed that line when I discovered that I had (on hand) the Print Poetry (shown below) paper since last spring and had never used one sheet of it!
So this month I decided to get busy and use some of it. Stampin' Up is clever in their marketing, in that they offer 'in-colors' that are only available for 2 years. They also offer the cutest embellishments and coordinating ribbons. I also happened to have the 'dahlia' embellishments on hand as well.

Demonstrator Michelle always says "something new is always coming" in the Stampin' Up world, but we agree that sometimes it's good to hang on to the 'oldie but goodie' stamps. In the example pictured below, you'll see the "Thanks from the heart" set, from 2001, which has a super cute mason jar in it, as well as the flower stems. I attached my dahlias and some yellow brads, and it's done! Lately I feel like almost everything needs sponging on the edges, to give it a bit of a vintage feeling.
For any of you stampers who are wondering about that "Hello" stamp, it's from Simon Says Stamp, and is designed by Kristina Werner who has a wonderful blog that you can follow HERE. This card also uses papers from Print Poetry, and I'm happy to say I used up most of the paper and all of the dahlias!
Can you tell that the jar looks like it has water in it? I used Crystal Effects to give it that glossy laquer finish.

No comments: