Thursday, November 28, 2013

NOEL: My Version of a Pinterest Classic

Submitted by Linda
You may remember that I just became a pinner this last June. Soon thereafter, I began seeing this beautiful NOEL being pinned and repinned. I decided to begin looking for letters in my antiquing adventures. To see the original Creator's blog, click HERE.
As one is shopping for old letters, lots of questions come to mind. Colors? Size? Upper case vs. lower case?

In Clovis I found this upper case N and lower case E. Both red, which could be a problem. I was happy with the red N, because I was eager to add more color to my project. After striking out on an L, and even checking out the local craft stores, I sought out my dad's work bench. He helped me cut this L out of a scrap of wood. The picture below was taken so that I could look for a grapevine wreath for the O.


Next I decided to paint the L with a dark gray color, and then sanded the edges so it would look old.
Then I painted the E a cream color, and Mod Podged some french marching band music onto it. I had bought the marching band music at Remnants of the Past, and it's small size makes it perfect for paper crafting.  Then I glittered it up, of course.
And here we go!

2 comments:

Liz Leahy said...

Love it! You've got me inspired to finish mine up!! (Love the music idea, too).

Carrie said...

Gotta have one of my own!!