Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Halloween 2013

Submitted by Linda
It seems like every time I post, I give a long 'blah blah' about how teaching (and implementing full day kindergarten) leaves me little time for other fun stuff. Well, it's true! I have managed to squeeze in some crafting time with friends (after all, I do have my priorities!), but the blog posts have been slow in coming.

Nevertheless, I'm off this week for Thanksgiving, so I'm going to (hopefully) get ya'll caught up.

My kindergarten team always does a 'group costume', and this year we revived a theme that's an oldie  but goodie.  The assortment of bugs and the bug catcher (me). We actually used this idea in 2006, so it was time to pull it all back out! Our team looks huge, because this photo includes two 'one on one' aides, plus three teachers and our other support staff. 

In the spirit of sharing ideas, (and since you can't see the details of my costume) I'm including this picture from Family Fun magazine of the original idea for the bug catcher costume. The suit is from Home Depot (about $8), and I covered a hat with white tulle and glued on bunches of bugs and butterflies. Add a net, and voila!


No comments: