Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall Cloche

Submitted by Linda
Last year, this fall cloche was on the cover of Better Homes and Gardens, and that began my search for a cloche in my antiquing adventures.
I ended up finding one in an antique store in Monrovia, and in the spring I put a vase of flowers in it with a nest, but didn't take a picture - forgive me! In September, for back to school, I added a teacup of succulents (an end of year gift from a special family), some moss, and some apple candles that look like real apples.
For fall, I decided to stray from the BHG version, when I found these awesome fake Chinese Lanterns. I plunked in more moss, a little (fake) pumpkin to go with my little (fake) apple, and ta-da!!!!
I had a few extra stems of the lanterns, so I popped them into this wooden Jack-o-lantern for a little more fall ambience.
If you're interested in having your own cloche, I've seen them at Michaels and the Hobby Lobby (where you could use a coupon!)

No comments: