Thursday, October 31, 2013

21st Birthday Card

Submitted by Linda
My youngest turned 21 this last week, which is crazy and hard to believe. You know, if I'm only 29, how can he be 21!? Ha!

I'm not sure if either of my boys care about homemade cards or not, but heaven forbid they end up like the teacher's kids who can't read, or the cobbler's kids who have no shoes, or the stamper's kids who get a store bought card.

So for Nick's big day I had purchased an old bingo piece with a #21 on it, at the Long Beach Antique Swap meet back in the spring.  I found this card on Pinterest, made by Jacquii McLeay. You can check out her cute blog HERE.
I decided to cover real candles, which changed the layout a bit, and I plunked them down a bit topsy turvy, which I like.  I used basic gray, with last year's 'howlstooth' paper, and I love the addition of the bingo piece. Yay for ephemera!!! (I love saying 'ephemera'. Here's its definition: a class of collectable items not originally intended to last for more than a short time, such as tickets, posters, postcards or labels.)

Anyway, he ended up liking the card, though he probably liked the cash inside better.