Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Girls Day Out

Easter 2012
Submitted by Michelle
Yesterday I went to Seasons Salon and Spa in Redlands to get my hair cut and I took Celeste along with me. I posted a picture of her on Facebook and many people commented about how grown up she looked.  It got me thinking back to the Fall of 2006 so I dug out this school picture.  
Almost 5 years old and ADORABLE!
Seeing Celeste's Kindergarten photo inspired me to look at some other photos I have of her as well.  From the beginning of our friendship, Celeste has always loved helping me in the kitchen.  

She also loves swimming and hanging out with my niece and nephew, Max and Anna.  
We've taken several trips to Disneyland.  
Nick, Linda, Celeste, Me and Tommy
And last school year we made a trip to Pasadena to see my niece Anna perform in a ballet.
Sometimes, we just go out to dinner.  
Celeste is now 11 (almost 12!) and getting ready to go to Middle School.  She has grown into quite the pre-teen.  She has been thru a lot since I first met her, including many surgeries for her scoliosis and cerebral palsy, but she always has a smile on her face and a positive attitude.  
Celeste & Michelle, our fabulous hair stylist.
After getting beautified, we went to Red Robin for lunch and chatted about clothes, new Apps for her iTouch, what type of backpack she might need for Middle School and other fun topics.
This school year it will be odd not seeing Celeste in the hallways and at recesses and lunch.  I know she is excited to make the move to Middle School, and I'm excited for her to make new friends and learn new things.

I feel so lucky that I have been able to watch Celeste over grow these past 7 years and I can't wait to see what her future holds.  

1 comment:

Teri said...

What a great photo trip down memory lane this post is! AND, what special memories they are! Thanks for sharing. Celeste is not only a bright girl, but most adorable. Looking forward to many more photos in the years ahead of you two doing neat things together.