Monday, June 3, 2013

Classroom Volunteer Gifts 2013

Submitted by Linda
My weekly kindergarten volunteers who faithfully run centers and check in homework deserve a little treat for coming each week throughout the year.  Knowing how I appreciate a handmade gift, I decided again this year to make a simple set of note cards for each helper.

Have you ever bought a pair of shoes (or a blouse or a purse) thinking "This will be perfect and I will love wearing it!", only to find that it doesn't fit right, or feel right or look right? Well, believe it or not, this happens in the stamping world as well. Sometimes stamps or paper that I think I will use all the time endup sitting in a tub, or get pulled out and rejected. This cute doily paper was just that for me. I couldn't find a way to use it with the matching stamps, but I discovered it was perfect for this project. I love how the four cards coordinate, though they are different colors.
The stamp set is one of the perfect sets that end up being a favorite, even though it is long retired from the SU catalog. The circles fit perfectly on the new tiny scallop punch, and the sentiments are lovely.
The card sets are packed in cello bags, waiting for a tag. I love being ready to pass them out in a couple of weeks!

No comments: