Sunday, March 17, 2013

Simple Chipboard Book

 Submitted by Linda
My life is one where lots of people and pastimes intersect. The biggest example is that I live right across the park from my school, so I run into my kindergarten friends everywhere. I've learned my lesson about going places in my grubbies, or without my 'face' on (without a doubt I will run into someone I know if I'm not looking my best). My church is also less than a mile from my house, so I run into those folks here and there as well.  Add family to the mix, and like I said, my worlds intersect. One such intersection is that my niece Courtney has been the children's director at my church for about 5 years. She is now adding twins to her family,  so she is stepping down, so that she can be the 'children's director' for a family of 5. I was asked to decorate a chipboard book for friends to write messages to her, and here's what I ended up with. 

The chipboard book was purchased from Hobby Lobby. I added papers from the "Howlstooth and Scaringbone" papers.  I gathered up some newsprint paper, and tucked it under the striped ribbon. The scripture is from a very old set, "Say it With Scriptures".






















Here's the back:












And the inner pages look like this:



















To assemble I used some very strong glue. I wouldn't recommend a regular glue stick - get a Stampin' Up glue stick (totally worth the money) or a Super Stik from Michaels. As for tape adhesives, I would definitely suggest using Sticky Strip rather than a regular tape runner or snail adhesive.

After gluing on the pages, use an emery board or sanding block to sand all the edges of your pages. This adds a distressed vibe and also makes each paper edge look uniform. Of course, you can embellish as much as you like!

No comments: