Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Weak Moment and Contraband

Submitted by Linda
I am generally one of those 'glass half full' people, consistently positive and upbeat. I enjoy a challenge at work and like learning how to support kids with special needs and interesting behaviors. But a few weeks prior to Craig's illness, I had a week or two when my usual tricks weren't working and I was feeling stuck in how to help several of my more challenging students.  

Since then, my team and I have strategized, brainstormed, and put some new plans into place, with some improvement. But in the midst of my frustration, what's a Weight Watcher to do when she's blue?

Retail therapy, of course! 

You paper crafters out there probably already know about Peachy Cheap, right? If not, you will want to click the above link and  sign up for their daily emails, where there is one deal per day on fantastic paper crafting supplies.  

On one of those days when I was feeling 'lower than whale manure' (as my dad likes to say), I checked my peachy cheap email to find these awesome American Crafts Miscellany kits. The deal included the 2 packs shown below (Midway and Woodland Park), as well as the 9 to 5 collection and the Cakewalk pack.  All 4 packs combined were less than $10.


A few days later they posted the coordinating buttons, and the matching papers!!! 

So now I'm fully stocked on 'contraband' (non Stampin' Up supplies) and recently I was able to sit down and get back to crafting.  I think this one will make a beautiful Easter card.

Knowing how we usually mass produce projects, it was really fun for me to make one card, happily using the items from my new stash.

This ducky card also uses the waves paper from SU's Sunshine and Sprinkles designer series paper pack.



































The kite stuff on this next card, as well as the tag came from the miscellany kits, but you'll recognize the embossed clouds from this post.



























I can't wait to send this kite card out for someone's graduation!

Now, that I'm stocked up on supplies, I'd better get back to crafting. Thanks for looking!

No comments: