Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's For Celeste

Submitted by Michelle

Remember this little girl?

Halloween 2005

Well she looks like this now!
That's right.  She's 11 years old and growing up, even though I tell her it's not allowed!  Next year she will be off to Middle School.  I don't know if I'll be able to handle that one. Sigh.  Anyway, Celeste was over on Super Bowl Sunday and she wanted to make Valentines for her classmates.  She has always loved my dachshunds, especially Lucy who passed away last March.  In Lucy's memory, we created a card with her on it.  (Disclaimer:  This task would never have gotten done without my friend Carrie who came up with the card idea and helped me put them together.  Having lost my stamping mojo and all, I couldn't have done it on my own.  Thanks, Carrie!!!)
We used the Longfellows stamp set and some old designer paper to whip up 25 cards that Celeste could give to her friends.  The heart embellishments were purchased in January when I was in NYC.  I found them at the cutest and tiniest stamping store called, The Ink Pad.  

Even though Celeste is growing up, she's never too big for a cuddle on my lap.  (That's Zoe, our 12 year old dachshund, peeking in the background.)

No comments: