Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ready for Valentines Day


Submitted by Linda
Normally, Michelle and I are back and forth between LaQuinta and Claremont to stamp and craft together about once a month. With a busy fall and holiday season, it turns out that I finally got to the desert for a crafting day in January, six long months from the last time I was in LQ. (We did meet in Encinitas for some fun in November, so it's not as bad as it sounds). 

I bolted out of my classroom when the bell rang for the kids, and hopped on the 210 freeway. Of course I made a stop at Collective Journey and Party Plus, both in Redlands, but I beat the traffic and made it in time for one of Michelle's nice dinners.

Our objective was to NOT mass produce ANYTHING. So many times, we get going on a project (like tags, or Christmas cards, or volunteer gifts) where we need to make hundreds of something. This time we wanted to leisurely craft away, making one (or just a few) cards. 

Before I left, I had scoured Splitcoast Stampers for ideas (did you know that you can search their gallery by the stamp set that you have?). I had printed out a few ideas, grabbed a few tools, and trusted Michelle to share her paper with me.

Remember that scrumptious pink-red-white valentine's twine I showed you? Well, we used that again on this first card.  Hardly any stamping required (just a 'love' from the Valentine Defined set). We added an embossed dotty background, punched a few hearts for a happy clothesline of love!
For our next card, we continued with another clothesline idea, again using the Valentine Defined set, and adding some tags from the Tiny Tags set. I dug in Michelle's embellishments until I found this retired ribbon and Baja Breeze floral embellishments. A bit of white twine adds to the clothesline vibe.
This card we copied exactly from the idea, using the tulip border, and punching hearts and the background with framelets. Easy and so pretty!
I love this next one, because it really could be used for any occasion. We used the tree from Valentine Defined, and plopped it into the tea cup from Tea Shoppe. Michelle added the embossed Distressed Dots to coordinate with the tiny dots on the tea cup. Of course we didn't really think this idea up....but isn't it cute?
Now, to get them in the mail before February 14th!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Amazing! What talent!

Jessica said...

These are so pretty, thanks for sharing Linda! Check out some fun Valentine's Day Cards for the kids to make too here: http://www.care.com/child-care-10-easy-and-kid-friendly-valentines-day-cards-p1017-q24633718.html