Monday, February 11, 2013

Just in Time for Valentine's!


Submitted by Michelle

It all started with my friend Carrie.  She's always working on some sort of stamping project, and even though I feel like I've lost my crafting mojo lately, when I saw her Valentine Treats I knew I had to make some.  
Too cute, right?  I think Carrie made her treat bags in January.  That's how organized she is.  I left mine until the last minute because honestly, I wasn't sure I was up for the challenge.  I've been struggling with the blues since last Fall and have been working with my doctor and therapist trying to get myself back on my feet.  One thing I know for sure is that I hold myself to a really high standard and sometimes it is best if I just let go of things and give myself a break.  I don't have to make cute holiday treats just because I usually do.  So I waited and waited and guess what?  Last Friday afternoon I got the urge to go to WinCo, where Carrie says they have jelly bellys for cheap.  

Carrie was right on with her WinCo recommendation.  They had all kinds of bulk candies and TONS of jelly belly flavors.  I chose Very Cherry and Strawberry Cheesecake.
Yesterday I pulled out my clear, skinny bags from the stash in my craft closet and got working.  It didn't take long for me to get all the jelly bellys into bags and to create a cute topper for them.
I really enjoyed the process and am glad I have something to give my students this week on Valentine's Day.  Maybe the ol' mojo is on it's way back.  I'll just have to give myself the time to wait and see.

No comments: