Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stitching Update: 1-1-13

 Submitted by Linda
I have been a dishtowel-stitching factory this fall, and I took very few pictures. Lame!  Nevertheless, here are two cute things to (hopefully) inspire you.

Nick had asked me before to stitch something for his house (and by house, I mean the house where 8 guys live, and always have 16 extra people over, hanging out).  Believe it or not, they kind of run a tidy kitchen, and so for his Christmas stocking I stitched them up a tea towel with a rooster on it, to match their rooster-themed kitchen.

Then, being the fair mom that I am, I decided to make one for Tommy's crew as well (again, 8 guys, 16 extra friends, ....) Tommy's kitchen doesn't really have a theme (who would expect college guys to have one anyway?!) so I decided to use one of my old patterns, found on one of my antique-ing adventures. Isn't this design the bees knees? Tommy is a pretty cool son, so it thought it was apropo.
If you look closely at the pic above, you'll notice the layer of Sticky Fabri-Solvy which is stitched through. This is the MAGIC stuff that allows you to use your copier/printer to print any designs for embroidering. Basically, you run your Sticky Fabri-Solvy through your printer, printed with any design you have or can find. Imagine stitching your little kids' artwork, or a school logo, or any art?

On the pattern package for the bee designs, it says: "The modern housewife will love these busy bees".  Let's hope the guys at "Home Tree" like it.

 The boys received their towels on Christmas, and I'm certain they are already stained with pasta sauce. Oh, well.

Also while shopping for antiques in Clovis, I stumbled upon a Mary Englebreit pattern book, on clearance at the local quilt shop. As I flipped through it, I came across this bunny design, and that was it! I had to buy the book. This bunny is stitched on white flannel, and is backed in blue minky, and has already been delivered to my niece Tiffany who is due to have Baby Silas anytime. He's the third child in their family, so I really felt like he needed to have something 'just for him', since I'm sure he'll wear lots of hand me downs.
My family has more babies coming, and a wedding this spring, so I had better get busy with my next projects!

No comments: