Saturday, January 19, 2013

Magnetic Coaster Calendars

Submitted by Linda
As usual, I made calendars for the new year, using 4x4 chipboard coasters, embellishments and adhesive magnet strips on the back. I had a few of these red crocheted flowers left, so I repeated this design from last year.
I had found these insect buttons at Marshall's (of all places) and decided they would give a lighthearted vibe for the new year. I also used Stampin' Up's tiny (new) scallop punch, and one of their edgelits (on the black paper).  I didn't think I could love any baker's twine more than the basic red, but this turquoise sure looks cute!
In the crafting and textile world, it seems that the chevron pattern is 'the deal' right now, so I backed both of the new designs with a yellow chevron paper. The ladybug ribbon was purchases at a quilt store on one of my traveling adventures. Don't you just love it when your supplies matches exactly, even though they are made by different vendors?
Well, it turns out I'm so late posting this that it's already time to start thinking about Valentines!

No comments: