Sunday, January 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom

Submitted by Linda
This photo of me and my mom was taken last May at a ladies tea at our church.
I really have my mom to thank for my 'mad crafting skills'. Back in the day, we used to craft when there was NO Michaels or Hobby Lobby. The best we could do was the fabric store and the floral supply store. Our joke when we see something cute is to say, "We could whip that up so fast your eyes would spin!" And then we would.

Now, as we've grown older and smarter, we say "We could whip that up..", but then we ask, "Do we want to? Do we have the supplies? Is is worth the work? Or should we just buy it now???!!!!"

So now in 2013 we enjoy our stitching and paper crafts (which my dad refers to as 'cutting and pasting'), and now and again we buy other peoples craftsmanship.

For my mom's January birthday, a very nice, one-of-a-kind card is the order of the day. I had been waiting and wishing for this Memorable Moments stamp set:
 I ended up creating this beauty using the old Cheerful Treat designer series papers. I love using the numbers - that way my mom knew that this card was made just for her!
She loved the card, but she probably doesn't appreciate me sharing her age with all of you in the blogosphere. Oopsies!

No comments: