Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tea Shoppe Cards


 Submitted by Linda
After I said that Craig rarely asked me for handstamped projects, he asked me to put together a gift basket to be raffled off at a Mother-Daughter-Ladies Tea that is happening this weekend as a part of APU's homecoming celebration. Usually I'm asked to create a gift basket for folks to bid on, which is much harder. How do I know what the starting bid should be? How does one put a price tag on hand stamped goodness? And how do I display it so that it brings in lots of bids?

Anyway, this will just be given away randomly, to a lucky lady at the tea. So my job was to create a cute giveaway, without worrying about making it look like a million bucks.

Last Spring, I had purchased the Tea Shoppe stamp set and was so excited about busting it out! My first card ended up being a birthday card, with punched and embossed tags, with cut out tea cups on them.  And just for fun, I decorated the back of the envelope.
For card #2, I pulled out my Springtime Vintage paper from early 2011, and made this beauty. I love the texture of the embossing on the white card, along with the floral image on the tea cup.
For my third and final card, I pulled out my old paper and my Sage Shadow (retired) ink. I was so excited to use that fancy stick pin in this one. And I love the square shape.
Again, I upgraded the envelope.
For the basket, I put in four each of the three cards. As for making it look like a million bucks...I did add a cute tea cup, and wrapped it all up nice-nice in a basket with cellophane and a matching tag.
I'm looking forward to see who wins it!!!!

1 comment:

Heather Klump said...

These are So Pretty! Love the colors you used, and Adore the Basket idea with this Set..I feel a CASE coming on!Thanks for the inspiration :)