Friday, October 12, 2012

Strawberry Patches

Submitted by Linda
It was time for another antique street fair in Clovis, so my friend Liz and I carefully plotted out our adventure, complete with fun stops all the way up and back. It began with a self-portrait snapped by me. I'm so uncoordinated when it comes to taking pics of myself with my phone, yet this one was a pleasant surprise: it shows how much fun we were having just minutes into the trip!
One of the first stops on our itinerary was Strawberry Patches Quilt Shop in Bakersfield. I know you've all seen me describe this place before, but it is so darling, even a non-quilter like myself found plenty of inspiration there.
Oh the fabrics. Oh the lace. BLUE crochet trim!!! Their blog has super cute stuff on it, especially in "Tutorial Tuesdays". To see it click HERE.
They always have such darling displays with paper lanterns.
These banners use fabrics over paper doilies, and were strung hither and yon throughout the store.
Remember my post about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and my child's ironing board? This display caught my eye!
More lanterns with a sweet girly flannel nightgown.
Oh, these reds. So cute, all lined up. But alas, I know my limits (and my love-hate relationship with my sewing machine), so I walked away with embroidery supplies and trims for card-making.
We made sure to visit Quilter's Paradise Quilt Shop in downtown Clovis, where I spied this idea for upgrading an embroidered towel with giant rick rack and a coordinating ruffle.
These towels are on now on my to-do list. In the meantime, stay tuned for more adventures in Clovis!

No comments: