Wednesday, October 17, 2012

French Inspired Cards

Submitted by Linda
I have a colleague at work who is from France, originally, and is one of those sweet thoughtful people who always remembers my birthday, even though we don't know each other well. I recently learned that she honors many, many birthdays of colleagues, and always brings cute gifts fitting the recipient. I had decided early this summer, that when her birthday came this October, I would be prepared with a handmade gift that would be fitting for her!

In my collection of stamps, I had nothing that felt very french, so I asked Michelle if I could borrow her Artistic Etchings stamp set. She was so kind, she popped it in the mail, and the next day, I was ready to get crafting! (Now that many of the stamp sets come in clear mount, they fit in a slim DVD style case - easy to store and mail to friends!)

Here's what I came up with. For this one, I used Early Espresso, and the retired Blushing Bride. See that pretty gathered tulle? I bought a half yard of it just last month while on my Clovis adventures. It matches perfectly!

For the next card, I busted out the old background called French Script. It's an oldie, but goodie. I'm so into embossing these days, that I rarely used the big background stamps. I love the way this turned out, so I'm inspired to use those backgrounds more often. I added some old lace I purchased on another antiquing adventure. And that little key? It was in my stockpile of supplies. Oh, how we love having the right stuff on hand!
I positively love the color combo on this one. I did revert back to my embossed background, but I used the French Script again on the tag. I popped up the Eiffel tower, added an antiqued brad, some Rose Red seam binding, and Voila!
I made her two of each, and soon will bundle them up and present them to her. Hopefully she'll feel the birthday love!

No comments: