Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Antique Leaf Dishes and More Burlap

Submitted by Linda
Here's more burlap inspiration from Matt and Kyan's wedding. Remember these table runners?
Then just this September, I snapped this pic of these darling burlap pumpkins up in Clovis.
I decided to use more of the six inch burlap, this time down my kitchen table.  I realize that this all looks very busy with my retro tablecloth, but I'm enjoying it.
About ten years ago, I read in a magazine (maybe Mary Englebreit, before she stopped publishing?) that these handled glass leaf dishes were a neat thing to collect. The article talked about hanging them on an ivy garland (doesn't that sound like the 90s?) and said that they were easy to find and inexpensive.  Well, this green one was my first purchase, and since then, I haven't found any clear glass leaf dishes until my recent Clovis trip.
These below are a Fitz and Floyd, and a McCoy-type leaf. I love those felted acorns!
Here is the clear one I found most recently.
I was wishing for an orange one, and I found this one below for $6 at Treasures and Junk in Ontario. (More on Treasures and Junk to come).
Here's a view of the table from the other end. Next I think I'll try it all with a solid tablecloth!
Doesn't it make you feel like cooking butternut squash soup or turkey and stuffing?

1 comment:

kate wallace said...

I love the burlap pumpkins!!