Sunday, August 5, 2012

Whimsy in the Garden: Wooden Animals

Submitted by Linda
My father has been retired almost twenty years now. Throughout those years he's always been willing to build me things, and do little projects for me at school and at home. For some time, it had come up in conversation that my grandpa (his father), had made some wooden bunnies on stakes to tuck into the yard. Those bunnies are long since gone, and I had been hinting about more.

One day when I went over to their house, this is what I found: momma and baby bunnies and ducks! My dad is so clever. He drilled holes in a scrap piece of lumber to put them in while their paint was drying!
It turns out that my assignment was to paint their faces. It had been a long time since I used craft paint, but after searching 'bunny face' on google, I got to work.So cute, drying in my parents' kitchen!
All done!
These three now live at my house. I think they look so cute among the impatiens!

No comments: