Wednesday, August 15, 2012

There's No Place Like Home

Submitted by Michelle

It is mid August and though I'd rather not admit it, I'm back to work. I'm moving classrooms this year as I've been promoted to the First Grade. Setting up a new room is tiring work but I'm happy to report that I'm about 75% done and should finish up today. Having a classroom in transition makes me especially happy to come home to my organized and tidy house. So does this new banner that my FRF Carrie made for me. Carrie professes that she is obsessed with Stampin' Up's new designer paper Storytime. I, too, think it is adorable and I love the elementary school theme.
Here's a close up of each letter.



Carrie made her own brad using a now retired Stampin' Up product called Build A Brad. The little birdie is such a great way to start the banner out.
Each letter has some sort of 3-D element on it. This little chick-a-dee was cut out with a star punch and then covered with crystal effects to make it look shellacked and shiny.
Crystal effects also helps these frogs look like they are really swimming in a pond!
Every banner must have a mini-banner, right?
Dazzling Diamonds glitter helps these blue birds sparkle.
I was so delighted when Carrie gifted me with this banner, and I'm thankful I have such creative friends who constantly inspire me and bless me with their talents.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for this very nice post Michelle!!!

Carrie said...

Thank-u for this very nice post Michelle! I'm glad you love it!