Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Want My Life Back

Submitted by Michelle
It is mid-July and I am almost done with my course work for my Master's program.  I will still have a thesis to write, but that pales in comparison to going to class 2 - 3 times a week and every other Saturday for a year.  Many times throughout the program I have longed for free time to cook or craft or blog or read or garden or exercise.  The demands of being a graduate student required my focus to become rather narrow, and now that the end is in sight, I cannot wait to get back to my old life style.  

Despite being a student, I have still squeezed in some stamping, though not as much as I would like.  In June, I created these cards for my stamp club ladies but never posted them because...you guessed it! I was at class or doing homework or something else related to being an academic.  Linda reminded me that they needed to go up, so here they are. 
This gem was inspired by my friend Liz, who is a member of my Claremont Stamp Club.  Almost a year ago she made a similar card and it was the perfect springboard for me to work from.  Many of my club members substituted "Happy Father's Day" for the "Happy Birthday" salutation.
I found this card idea in the Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog (the old one, not the new one.)  It is simple and sweet, just like a baby!
My friend Teri likes all things French inspired, so I designed this card with her in mind.  I'm sure I stole the idea from an online source, though the site escapes my educated brain right now.
Finally, I wanted a bonus for the ladies and this 3X3 gift card was the perfect thing.  My friend Carrie designed it and all I had to do was copy her original.  No reason to re-invent the wheel when I have such a crafty friend.





No comments: