Sunday, July 1, 2012

Expanding My Crafting Horizons

Submitted by Michelle
As many of you know, I have been both a teacher and a student this school year. I am happy to report that I am almost done with the course work for my Master's Degree in Educational Administration. I cannot wait to have some time to myself again so I can craft and cook and do all the things I love.

Recently, I celebrated my birthday and one of the gifts Linda gave me was embroidery lessons! Linda learned to embroider as a child but then took a break for many years. When she recently got back into it, I swore I wouldn't give in to a new hobby. But, as always, I'm eating my words and am enjoying every minute of it.

Linda got me started with all the right supplies and a pattern to follow.
She taught me the back stitch and amazingly enough, I finished the dishtowel in about 2 days.
Even the back looks pretty decent!
I'll be seeing Linda this weekend and she has promised to get me going on another project, this time using different colored flosses.

I'm so happy to have a new hobby and so thankful to have a friend who constantly expands my horizons.

No comments: