Sunday, April 1, 2012

We've Both Been Busy at School!

Submitted by Linda
I'm sure there are lazy teachers, but I sure don't know any. I remember when I first got my teaching job, I was surprised that the veteran teachers were still at school late in the afternoon. I understood that I needed to be there, as newbie, but didn't these seasoned teacher know what they were doing?

Well, now I'm one of the seasoned ones, and I've learned that there is always more to learn and ways to improve my craft. As a newer empty nester, I honestly don't know how I balanced being a mom, teacher, wife, etc.

Anyway, for those of you who have been wondering about our lack of posts lately, here's a glimpse of what I've been up to:
A rare quiet moment with just one kindergarten friend and Lakota the horse on our Amy's Farm field trip.
Last week, we had our big visit from the California Distinguished Schools committee to confirm that we are, in fact, distinguished. So, of course, we had a lot of work to do, tidying up because "company" was coming. You can see from below, that our visit went well. Michelle's school also was also one of 380 California schools which made the cut!

No comments: