Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Thank You, Pinterest

Submitted by Michelle

Recently my Kinder Kids and I took a walking field trip to our local fire station for a tour. As a thank you to the firefighters I had the kids write what they enjoyed the most and then compiled the writings into a book. I wanted to do something creative and fun for the front cover, and I knew I wanted to incorporate a handprint. (I use the children's handprints all year long to make cute art projects.) I consulted Lord Google but he wasn't that helpful. Then I remembered my newest obsession...Pinterest! Pinterest is an online pinboard and members can pin things from the internet or post their own pictures. I did a simple search of "hand print art" and voila, I had ideas galore.

The front cover came out great, if I do say so myself. I used glitter to make the water spraying from the hose.
Since I could only use 1 handprint on the front cover, I decided to use thumbprints for the back cover.
If you haven't tried Pintrest, it is high time you did. Click here to get pinning. (And if you want to see my boards, search my name, Michelle Wark.)

No comments: