Thursday, April 12, 2012

Downtown in P-Town

Submitted by Linda
I had myself a little adventure the other Saturday. While in Clovis, I had read in one of the 'antique news' papers that Pomona was hosting a street fair. Well, though I've lived in Claremont for 15 years, I had never shopped on Antique Row in downtown Pomona. I ventured out, early that morning, hoping that it boasted a similar charm to the Clovis street fair. But, alas, no such luck. The vendors offered a variety of interesting things (old toys, entire booths of clock radios), but in general, the selection felt more "yard sale-ish" than antique-y. Even the stores on the street seemed a bit junky and hard to navigate. However, I did find something. Look at this tiny bistro set. My big shoe is next to it so you can see the scale and size.
My plan is to put it in my yard, as part of a fairy garden. My former kindergarten friend Grace was over with her doll, and we had to try it out.
When I find a happy nook for it in the garden, I'll post a picture.

I had been hoping to find a beat up, old, red, toy truck, like this one pictured from Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Ideas 2011.
I looked high and low in Clovis, Bakersfield, and Pomona for an old red truck. What I found were fire trucks, fuel trucks, and tonka construction trucks. All were NOT what I was looking for, and the prices were crazy high! While at the amazing Hobby Lobby, I found this wannabe for $12.
Though it isn't really old, and it's a bit smaller than I had hoped, I will certainly have 12 dollars worth of fun with it!

No comments: