Sunday, April 1, 2012

Clovis Antique Weekend Version 2.0

Submitted by Linda
Disclaimer: My DH Craig gave me a fun new iphone for my birthday, so I took these pictures with it. Please excuse the pictures that aren't great - operator error.
You may remember that last fall I took a road trip up to Clovis with my antique expert friend Liz, and we had such a good time, we decided to plan to attend their Antique Street Fair in March. (To read about our funny adventures last time, click HERE and HERE).

Our first stop was at the Strawberry Patches Quilt Shop (in Bakersfield), where we loved this quote (the last word is "allowed"). We did a lot of dilly dallying and lollygagging all weekend long.
Just look at these textures!
I love this assortment of cheerful fabrics.
Cute rooster stuff...
...and the sweets for the sweet. Oh to have a little girl who would wear this stuff!
Just look at the 'sweet' fabrics!
I bought some trims and buttons, but in terms of fabrics was only tempted by this Eric Carle Hungry Caterpillar collection. It is SO STINKIN' CUTE! I was afraid a school apron would be a little 'loud', so I left it there, looking so cute all together in a row.
As for the antiquing, we had a successful day Saturday, with gorgeous weather. I came across another quote, which I think should definitely be added to the FRF reservoir of mottos we believe in!
As for my purchases.....that's coming up next time.

No comments: