Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Crayons

Submitted by Linda
During Christmas vacation, I happened to be at JoAnn's where I noticed that the valentines stuff was already out. I had seen this idea for fall leaves crayons in an issue of Family Fun Magazine.

So in December, I purchased 2 heart shaped silicone cupcake pans to make my valentines for my kindergarten friends. Our school adopted a 'no-sweets' policy so I thought this would be a great non-edible treat. I will admit that my policy is 'limited sweets'. There are certain occasions where apple slices just won't do.

When Michelle came for our 'pre-New Year's' crafting day, I told her to bring her old crayons in valentine colors (pink, purple, white and red).Here are the naked crayons:
We broke up the crayons, tossed them into the pan, and baked them.
After they cooled for about 30 minutes, they popped right out of the silicone and looked like this:
They all turned out so pretty and so different!
Michelle and I both wrapped them in cello bags with a cute tag. Hopefully no one will try to eat one!



3 comments:

kate wallace said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to color with them :)

Liz said...

So pretty! Can you color with them still?

Linda Shackleton Wallace said...

The crayons are so perfect! Although I'm a retired kinder teacher, I've got g-r-a-n-d-k-i-d-s...and we've got to do this together...