Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Nana's Graham Cracker Cookies

Submitted by Linda (Recipe from Michelle)
You all probably know by now that Michelle is the true foodie, a chef to be reckoned with. I'm always cautious when posting recipes, because I want to be sure it's up to her standard. Since this recipe is from her (via her husband's grandma), I think she'll approve!

I served these to some gals last week, and the raving included the comment "to die for". So don't be discouraged by the simplicity of the ingredients or directions. These are a winner!
These are also relatively quick to put together if you need a homebaked treat that doesn't involve a mixer or a long list on ingredients.
Nana's Graham Cracker Cookies

Ingredients:
1 lb. butter (I used a half pound for one cookie sheet of crackers)
24 graham crackers
2 C. brown sugar (I used 1 C. for one cookie sheet)
8 oz. sliced almonds
2 tsp. vanilla (1 tsp. for one cookie sheet)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with graham crackers. Melt butter and sugar together to form a syrup, stirring constantly. Put a small mound (I like a larger mound) of almonds on each graham cracker. As soon as syrup boils, remove from heat and cool 2 minutes. Add vanilla and spoon over crackers. Bake for 7 minutes (look for bubbling all over). Edges won't be brown. Let cool 10 minutes. Cut into squares and remove to wire cooling rack.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

...And they were oh, so tasty!

kate wallace said...

Oh I want to try this with gluten free graham crackers!

jmaclaren said...

Wow, so quick and easy. I will have to try these next week for Church potluck dinner.

Danice said...

Yum!!! I'm totally making these for our next family gathering!!! Thanks for sharing Linda!