Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sweet Hot Chex Mix

Submitted by Linda
Several years ago when Michelle and I launched Front Row Friends, our good friend Nancy asked (by way of a comment on the blog) if we would ever post this recipe. Well, the time has come, and today's the day!

The real story is that this afternoon, I received an email reminding me that our church leadership team's monthly meeting is tonight. As a former member on that team, I always appreciated when snacks or goodies were brought to our meetings. Considering that some committee work is a thankless job, I decided my new job is to bring goodies whenever I can. And I will say that baking something once a month is much easier that doing the difficult and important work of leadership and vision casting.

Since I had sort of "forgot" about the meeting, I hurried home from school to see what I had on hand. I usually like to take both a sweet and savory item, in case people haven't had dinner or are avoiding sugar.

This recipe blends the right amount of sweet and spicy, to make it positively ADDICTING!

Sweet Hot Chex Mix

Ingredients:
5 C. chex (any combo of rice, corn or wheat)
5 C. popped popcorn
1 package taco seasoning
1/4 C. brown sugar
1 cube butter
optional: peanuts, pretzels, etc

Directions:
Melt butter in microwave. Add brown sugar and taco mix. Drizzle onto cereal/popcorn and stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, stir. Serve when cool.

1 comment:

chel wakley said...

Hi, I'm with an online vintage dress boutique called Shabby Apple (www.shabbyapple.com) and I adore your blog. Shabby Apple offers affordable, stylish attire perfect for a day at work or play, or a night on the town. We would love to partner with you and offer your readers a 10% off coupon as well as the opportunity to giveaway a piece of jewelry from our collection on your blog. Please check us out at www.shabbyapple.com and let me know if you are interested.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thanks,

Chelsea Wakley

cwakely@shabbyapple.com
(this is only open to US residents, if this is not a possibility please let me know)