Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pennant Punch:Planting Seeds of Kindness

Submitted by Linda
I think one thing that keeps a workplace healthy and happy is the care that colleagues have for one another. At my school, people are genuinely caring, and we have committees in place for celebrations. Our "social committee" continues to amaze me in their creativity. Every Bosses Day and Secretaries Day our team comes up with some uber-clever theme. Usually, we teachers find a note in our box directing us to decorate an attached item.

This time, for our office manager's birthday, we were given a seed packet to decorate (because she loves to garden). The instructions were to embellish it with words that described the types of 'seeds' she 'plants' at our school (seeds of kindness, friendship, etc.). Here's my yellow 'seed packet', cut apart.
Normally, I throw something together with supplies I have at school, but this time, I remembered that I had the perfect stamp set for this occasion, Farm Fresh. I also had the weekend for my idea to percolate, so I was able to improve upon the yucky fast-fading construction paper. I was eager to try out my new Pennant Punch that I got for Christmas, so off I went, combining the apple image with October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker paper and die cuts. The cute Happy Birthday is from the Happiest Birthday Wishes set.
It's hard to see in the photo, but the apples are covered in SU's Crystal Effects, which makes them look super glossy.

When she came to work on Wednesday, she found this basket on her desk, full of the 'seed packets', a plant, trowel and a giftcard from Armstrong. Of course, there were also balloons, and cake!
She really enjoyed her 'garden birthday', and I enjoyed adding something cute to the basket!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Very cute and impressive. An awesome talent you have.

kate wallace said...

I bet your seed packet was the cutest one!