Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy 75th Birthday!

Submitted by Linda
I'm sure my mom does not appreciate me posting her age on the blogisphere, but since the card I made for her makes it obvious, I had no choice. Fortunately for her, she doesn't look her age, and I'm crossing my fingers that I inherited her good anti-aging genes.

I didn't have a specific idea in mind, except that I wanted to use Thickers chipboard sticker numbers. I asked Michelle to do some research for me through her SU connections, and she emailed me this picture of an anniversary card. So, as on this card, I used 3 layers of card stock, punched the corners, embossed the background cardstock, put my greeting on the top, put numbers in the middle, and a pretty bow on the bottom.
Here's my version:
My mom has always been a fan of pink and green, and always appreciates a touch of bling!
I love love love this cupcake! In fact, I bought the Wagon Full of Fun set specifically for the cupcake. Normally if I make one card, I'll mass produce a bunch. Well, this one is a limited edition one of a kind!

1 comment:

jmaclaren said...

What a beautiful card, and a special way to honor your mom!!!