Monday, January 9, 2012

Happiest Birthday Wishes

Submitted by Michelle
One of my goals this year is to stay ahead of celebrations rather than constantly sending cards and presents late. You might even call it a resolution. In an attempt to get January off to a good start, I already have a birthday card for my cousin Steve written out, addressed and stamped. I haven't mailed it yet, because his birthday isn't until the end of the month, but when the time comes I will be ready!

My Uncle Dave is having a birthday on the 3rd of February and while that seems a long ways off, I'm sure the date will be here before I know it. I took some time out today to create a card for him. And then, as long as I was making one, I figured I might as well make four so I could give one to Linda and have some extra around for the future.
I used a stamp from the Happiest Birthday Wishes set, and I tried to choose vibrant, masculine colors. I added a corduroy button for texture (and because it felt manly), and even put a little bit of crystal effects on the "i"in Birthday.

Hopefully I will be able to keep up my strong start to the new year. I'll let you know how I do next month.

No comments: