Sunday, January 8, 2012

Greeting Card Girl Ornament

Submitted by Michelle

I know Christmas was 2 weeks ago, but I have to share this adorable ornament that Linda made for me!
She used the Greeting Card Kids stamp set, which is a favorite of ours, and then used watercolor crayons and an aqua painter to color it in. In typical Linda style, she thought of using Mica flakes for snow and liquid appliqué to add fur detail on the coat, hat, and scarf. The "Merry Christmas" at the top is from an old set called Holiday Best. I think the seam binding is perfect for the bow.
Here is a view of the backside.

When I was packing up my Christmas decor I couldn't bear to part with her, so my GCG (Greeting Card Girl) has a place of honor in my craft room on the bulletin board. After all, it is nice to have a little bit of Christmas in my life 365 days of the year!

No comments: