Friday, January 6, 2012

Bless Our Home

Submitted by Linda
You may remember my new-old hobby post in July about my taking up embroidery. Well, I'm hooked! It is the perfect hobby when you want something to do in front of the T.V., or for me, when I'm hanging out with my parents. You should see me and my mom, stitching away like little old ladies!

On Thanksgiving, I brought my work-in-progress to show my nieces, who are all very crafty and all use a sewing machine with great results. (I'm sticking with hand stitching - my sewing machine and I aren't always good friends). Kari insisted on grabbing my camera and snapping a few pics.

I think I already mentioned it, but nowadays, you print your design from your printer (!!!) onto some "sticky fabri-solvy" and stick it onto your fabric. When you're finished stitching, the pattern rinses right off!
Here is the final result:
For anyone interested in getting started embroidering, check out Bird Brain Designs. Here you can print out easy and free designs to get started with. You can also order your Sticky-Fabri-Solvy here.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE it! Can't wait to get started on one of these!!

kate wallace said...

That looks like fun!