Friday, December 16, 2011

Vintage Girl Christmas

Submitted by Linda
You saw my post about Gina making 100 banners and like I said, if I make 100 of something, it's either simple, or Michelle and I crank it out together. Here is a card I certainly would not make 100 of. Though it's SSC (so stinkin' cute), I might be tempted. In this case, I made 5.

I had seen the idea last Christmas in one of Michelle's SU consultant magazines, and I just adore this set, Greeting Card Kids. And I love the vintage vibe of the embossed background, the brown distressed edges, the tinsel glitter, the crochet trim, and of course, the little girl's furry scarf and trim. (It's actually a product called Liquid Applique, and it magically gives dimension that works well for snow, or Santa's beard, or fur trim on a darling girl!)
When making a card on a dark background color, we usually attach an insert of white or vanilla, for the inside message. Here I repeated the holly design from the front, which is from the Bells and Boughs stamp set.
This could work as a Christmas card (of course), but also as a 'thank you' card. If anyone is planning to make these for next year's Christmas card, you'd better start now!

No comments: