Thursday, December 8, 2011

Contraband Christmas

Submitted by Linda
During thanksgiving, when I had an entire GLORIOUS week off from school, I began my week leisurely "hauling out the holly". It was so fun to be relaxed in my decorating, and not pressed to finish in just a day or two. At the end of my week off, I was lucky enough to have an outing to LaQuinta to Michelle's B and B. I had 2 happy days and nights there, and we stamped our hearts out as usual.

Shortly after Veteran's Day, I took advantage of a bonus 20% off at Michael's. In a moment of weakness, a bought a 48 sheet Christmas paper pad, Naughty or Nice by Recollections. It was tempting because much of the paper will work throughout the year (polka dots, a variety of colors, and lots of glitter). I took it with me to LQ, with plans to dive into it.

This gorgeous card is just one sheet of paper, cut to fit. The design is shiny and raised, and a seam binding bow was all it needed.
This card was made by putting a portion of the pretty paper into the big shot, and cutting it into the 'top-note' shape. I added a sentiment, some paper layers, crochet trim, and a cute brad.
There was only enough of these papers to make two of each card - I brought one of each home with me, and left the others with Michelle as my Bread and Butter Gift. Does anyone say that any more? I remember learning that phrase as a little girl. Nowadays I guess we say 'hostess gift'. Either way, she got 2 cute cards, and I was able to enjoy her wonderful hospitality.

No comments: