Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Card 2011

Submitted by Michelle
Last year when making our Christmas cards, Linda and I used an awesome background stamp that was full of details, including the little bit of Silent Night that is pictured above. This year, we used it as a spring board for inspiration and created a musical themed Christmas card. Linda did all the coloring of the holly and berries, while I cut the card stock for over 200 cards.
This year's card involved many, many layers, as well as the beloved top note design from the Big Shot. We stamped musical notes on the top note using a Stampin' Up wheel, and then cut a piece off so it would create a nice background for Silent Night. We also sponged every piece of the card to give it a vintage look.
Card bases, all ready to go!

We used the smooch spritz again this year, for sparkly effect on the words of the Christmas carol, and then attached seam binding and crochet ribbon with a vintage brad for a final bit of glitz.
My cards finally made it into the mailbox this morning and I know Linda is eager to address her cards and get them out now that Winter Break has begun. And believe it or not, now that Christmas Card 2011 is off my plate, I already have an idea percolating for Christmas Card 2012. But, I think I'll keep it on the back burner for now and enjoy 2011 before it is gone.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I got one!!! OMG! It is so beautiful! Thank you thank you! It will be on my blog in a few minutes! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!