Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Treats

Submitted by Michelle
Each month during the fall Linda and I make treats for our co-workers and friends. In September it was sugar cookies in cutely decorated boxes. October was See's candy bars decorated with Scary Skelly, our favorite Halloween stamp. And this month it is cello bags filled with Ginger Molasses cookies tied shut with a fall inspired tag.
Here are my bags all ready to go to school and be given away.
In the spirit of planning our work and working our plan, Linda and I made the tags in early October so that we would be ready to go once November came. Carla, one of my colleagues, often marvels at my monthly treats saying, "I don't know how you have time to do it all." The truth of the matter is, I am busier than ever this school year but planning ahead and working on things well in advance of a holiday really makes gift giving much easier.

In early November I made a Fall Banner to send to my Aunt Rosemarie in New York. I easily wrapped it up in a cello bag, tied some beautiful ribbon on it, and attached one of my tags. Boy, was I glad I had something so perfect, ready to go.
I hope all of you out there in blog-land are enjoying this Thanksgiving Day, and are surrounded by the ones you love.

No comments: