Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fall Foliage

Submitted by Michelle
In the past I've written about Linda's amazing ability to create something out of nothing. She often gets embarrassed when I write about it on the blog, but I do believe it is a gift to be able to come up with an idea for a card out of one's own head. However, there are times when copying is a must. Linda and I ADORE Heather Klump and her blog, Downstairs Designs. (If you have never gone to her site, do it now!) Heather is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and though we have never met, I am sure we would be fast friends. This past July, Heather received an Artisan Award from Stampin' Up and the card below shows why.
Totes gorg, right???

When Linda saw it, she knew she had to CASE it. (CASE is crafter speak for Copy And Share Everything.) Over the weekend Linda and I had an impromptu get together in Claremont and we were able to squeeze in a few hours of stamping. Linda made her version of Heather's awesome card.
The thing that makes this card so spectacular are the realistic looking leaves. They are actually images from the Fall Foliage stamp set, that have been sponged on the edges and then cut out and crumpled up. I also love the lace detail that adds a vintage vibe.

This card took some work, but it was well worth it. And lucky for me, I have a friend who always makes two of everything so she has one to share with me!

1 comment:

kate wallace said...

You two are so cute! Good work on the card! It looks great!