Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day

Submitted by Michelle

Linda is here for 27 hours and we are hunkering down in my craft room and doing nothing but stampin' it up! We've got lots of little projects that we are working on and it is great to see things starting to come to completion.

One such project is my birthday monogram cards. I started them this summer when I was vacationing at the beach. My thought process was that I would get all the cards made so they would be ready to mail out each month to family and friends.

I used a classic card layout that Linda thought up long ago and by using different color combinations, ribbons and embossing folders, I was able to vary the styles of the cards.
Today I made a tag to match each set of monogram cards.
Linda wrapped the cards up in cello bags with cute shred and and attached the tags with ribbon. (She is much better at the packaging thing than I am.)
I'm all ready to go for the September, October and November birthdays of my family and friends. Yes, the September presents are way late, but with the insanity that is the start of the school year, I didn't have a moment in which I could get things wrapped and ready to go.
This morning we had the added bonus of discovering that today is World Card Making Day! It is good to know that we are right up to speed with the rest of the planet without even trying.




No comments: