Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome Baby Brighton!

Submitted by Linda
Don't we all love a fairy tale ending? Well, here's one for all of you to enjoy.
I met this wonderful gal Sandie, when she was a kindergarten mommy at my school. She ended up being the "Mary Poppins" at our kindergarten as a sub, made the most delectable and clever treats, and quickly became a beloved member of the Sumner School family.

Well, as a single mom, we watched her go through the ups and downs with grace and a smile. Then she met John.....and this is what happened. Doesn't she make such a beautiful happy bride?
So now it's been just over a year, and Sandie now has a pretty pink girl named Brighton to round out her dear family! Sadly, I missed seeing her at her baby shower, so I knew I had to work on something cute for a sweet baby. Of, course, I decided every girl needs a pink banner with her name on it.
I made it using the new pennant die, and each pennant is only 4 1/2" by 3". So the size is manageable, and not overbearingly huge. It would like nice on a mantle, over a changing table, or at her birthday parties.
The scallop circles are cut out with the pennants, so it was easy to combine all the pretty color combos. I used an assortment of SU brads, buttons, baker's twine, and the retired "Raspberry Tart" DSP.
Now it's wrapped in a cello bag and ready to go in the mail! Happy "Birth" Day, Brighton!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling gift made with love!!! Darling family!!
From Barb Crowe.

Brandon's Mommy said...

Linda!! Your sweet post made me cry!! Oh how I LOVE the banner for Brighton! It is going to look amazing in her room!! The colors will match exactly. You are so wonderful!! Thank you thank you! Miss you.

kate wallace said...

I love the banner :)